9 - Guitar's Perspective

America as a state was made for the white people in order to serve the American idea of owning and making a profit off land, a practice that existed since its inception and has been going on until this very day. The American ideal is however a detriment to the black people who happen to live on this land, and such, has made me join the Seven Days in order to break the cycle of oppression against the black people of America. The black man has always been attacked by the whites, so much so that it is vital to the identities of such to demean us and lynch us.  

I did not join the seven days to terrorize black people, or to give suffering to my fellow kin, I joined to make a point, that point being that we are going to take back our rights by showing an example of what they do to us, only then will they learn. My father died in an accident when I was four, and yet his very life was compensated for 40 dollars, such is the mark of the American dream, where the lives of such are only seen as property to the white race. My life was made only for the status quo in American society, and when my life ends, it will be in a world where the ideals of ownership are dead, where my people can get what they want, and this is the only way it can happen. 

Comments

  1. I like how depth in analysis you were able to analyze Guitar's thoughts as you wrote this. Its a new perspective to Guitar himself that other may have not have thought of before. Throughout this writing, it is somewhat of a justification given to Guitar's actions he committed. I like this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

18 - Reflection

17 - Painter

2 - The Meaning of Patriotism