15 - Interpretation
An interesting aspect of poetry is how each word can have completely different meanings to various audiences. These carefully chosen words can have different connotations than the physical and accepted definition in other texts, meaning that poems can also carry a lot of sentimental value when you find a poem you especially “connect” with. When analyzing the love poems, specifically the ones about the broken heart and symptoms of love, I did not feel very connected with the themes and tones of the poems. This is because I interpreted it in such a fashion of romantic relationships, however I feel like the poem about the symptoms of love can somewhat apply to my life. There have been times where a relationship is hard to bear due to the conflicts between others, but it is still your duty to stick with them when times are rough, as you are the one to tolerate them. While the other group members had a different interpretation, suggesting a toxic relationship built on false promises of rewards, I interpreted it as persevering through a wavering relationship.
These differing interpretations all have their own unique merit to them – after all, the meaning is in the mind of the reader. Everyone finds value in different areas, with poetry being the main signifier of this philosophy. It requires us to derive meaning from the words in a completely different way rather than viewing it at the surface level.
No matter how much you push away at me
I will be there in the heart to help you.
Comments
Post a Comment