18 - Reflection

     It has only come to my attention that the last quarter of my high school days are just around the corner. Now that it is the final chapter of this period of my life, I think I can now properly assess the development and growth that I had experienced in the last 4 years. 

    I was quite a different person in the 9th grade. I just took 2 summer classes which I quite disliked and I didn’t have the best 8th grade year. I was still lost despite my previous experience navigating the school in the summer classes. The most jarring thing by far was the massive number of students the school harbored. In elementary and middle school, I was familiarized with almost all the students in my respective grade. In high school, however, I met many people who attended school from all sorts of different environments. The atmosphere was much more akin to a miniature city than a school where I knew almost everyone. 


                 A big milestone I had in the last four years was my commitment to school growing in the 10th grade. In 9th grade, I mainly attended the standard classes necessary in order to squeeze out an acceptable grade. I don’t completely disapprove of this approach, mainly because middle school was when I experimented with what classes I like, but I wanted to step it up when I got to high school. In 10th grade, I was able to go into advanced English, advanced math, and APUSH mainly because of me trying harder than ever in the 9th grade in summer school. I now feel much more accomplished whenever I can succeed in a class compared to tolerating a middling class. 


    Despite all this, I still feel like I'm not prepared quite yet for college. I never really had to rely on myself that much, but now I must further advance my ethic and reliability to succeed. Whatever happens, I am sure to dive in with my chin up this time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17 - Painter

2 - The Meaning of Patriotism